Second Agri Investment Forum and Expo opens Friday in Trinidad and Tobago
The Region’s second Agri Investment Forum and Expo will be held in Trinidad and Tobago, 19-21 August 2022, under the theme ‘Transforming Agriculture through Innovation and Investment‘.
The Investment Forum will be held at the National Academy for Performing Arts (NAPA) on 19 August from 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
The Expo will be opened at the Queen’s Park Savannah from 19 August at 2:30 p.m. It will be open from 10 a.m. on August 20-21 and will close at 10 p.m. each night.
The website devoted to the event said the Agri-Investment Expo will be a village style exhibition featuring more than 300 exhibitors from across the Agriculture Sector with a widely educational, interactive and engaging display of products, attractions and technological advancements.
The displays will include a Livestock Barn with locally-bred animals, Petting Zoo, a Farmers Market, various Agro-Processors, Chocolatiers and Business to Business Rooms.
The expected outcomes include:
– Raising awareness of the importance of food security and having a resilient and sustainable agriculture system.
– Showcasing agriculture stakeholders and the advancements made across the sector over the decades
– Encouraging discussions between key stakeholders in the agriculture sector, both locally and regionally
– Creating investment opportunities for local or regional producers/entities across the agriculture value chain
– Improving agriculture production, productivity, and value chains in the agriculture sector through shared knowledge and exprience
– Encouraging the exchange of technology and/or promoting investment in innovative technologies to achieve increased availability of food locally and regionally
– Enhancing Regional Trade and Investments
– Reducing dependency on imported food items by promoting local or regional alternatives
The first Agri Investment Forum and Expo was held in Georgetown, Guyana 19-21 May 2022.